Vitality French Onion Soup
For all you french onion soup lovers plus vegan...Who doesn't love a good french Onion soup on a chilly Fall day? And to boot this one is vegan and optional gluten free!
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 4 medium onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp gluten free flour blend
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 packet Vitality
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella
- In a large soup pot melt the butter, add the onions, and sauté on medium low for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions caramelize and turn brown.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the flour and stir constantly on low for one minute
- Add the water, Vitality, bay leaves, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the bowls by filling halfway with soup, placing a baguette slice on top, and covering with vegan cheese.
- Broil the bowls in the oven for 3-4 minutes and serve immediately!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.