Hearty Fall Roast
Heart Fall Roast (not vegetarian) Galadriel created this delicious lamb roast using Vitality Broth and lots of veggies.
**For our vegetarian and vegan friends, try stuffing a squash with the veggies and other ingredients. Bake at 375 for 1 hour.
Slow Cooker Lamb Roast
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Roast and Vegetables:
- 1 leg of natural boneless lamb
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups whole baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into large dice
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 red new potatoes, quartered
- 2 1/2 cups Vitality Beyond Broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
To make the rub: In a small bowl, combine the paprika, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- To make the meat: Pat the lamb roast dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Evenly pat the rub on all sides of the roast.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the seasoned roast and sear on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the roast to a slow cooker. Place the carrots, onion, celery, and potatoes around the roast.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the beef broth, vinegar, and garlic.
- Add the vitality broth mixture and the bay leaves to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.